The scheduling system is down. I apologize for the inconvenience. To schedule, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.Thank you! Brendan
At The Pratt Center, we specialize in comprehensive psychological testing. We evaluate intelligence, reading, written language, math, attention, anxiety, depression, memory and other areas.
Comprehensive TestingComprehensive psychological testing at The Pratt Center takes approximately 26 hours of the examiner's time, and it includes the following:
- Initial parent meeting, about 1.5 hours
- School observation and/or teacher interviews
- Roundtrip travel for local school observations
- Testing sessions, about 10 hours with your child
- Scoring of administered tests and rating scales
- Test protocols and scoring fees
- Review of school records and previous evaluations
- Emails and phone calls needed for testing
- Preparation of a detailed written report
- Final parent meeting, about 1.5 hours
Abbreviated EvaluationsOccasionally, a parent will request an abbreviated evaluation, such as "IQ testing only," "an ADHD screening" or "Reading Testing only." Although we certainly evaluate intelligence, attention and reading as part of comprehensive testing, we do not recommend abbreviated evaluations that focus narrowly on these concerns. Here are a few reasons we will not complete abbreviated evaluations:
- Abbreviated evaluations focus on problems, and they often do not include strengths.
- They can lead to diagnostic errors because they are not thorough.
- Important steps may be missed, such as record review, school observations and teacher interviews.
- Abbreviated evaluations are often not accepted as documentation for 504 accommodations or special education services.
- Lastly, abbreviated evaluations are less likely to lead to an effective intervention plan.