Gifted and Talented
Please click here if you are ready to schedule an initial meeting to determine if psychological testing in Los Altos is needed.
Students with intellectual abilities and academic skills at or above the 98th percentile are referred to as "Gifted and Talented." Such students often:
- Learn academic skills easily with little apparent effort
- Have excellent oral language and reasoning abilities
- Have a superb, insightful sense of humor
- Like to experiment, create and imagine
- Analyze and combine ideas in a novel manner
- Retain extensive information with a single presentation
- Are capable of intense concentration and sustained attention
- Have a wide range of interests and activities
- Have a natural joy of learning and curiosity about the world
Gifted children have many advantages over other students; however, they also can face the same challenges, obstacles and disabilities as any other student in the Bay Area. Gifted children may have issues with learning, attention, depression and anxiety. In addition, their unique attributes can lead to social issues.
At The Pratt Center, we can complete psychological testing to determine if a child is gifted, clarify areas of need, recommend modifications to their education and assist with school selection. Please complete the form to the right if you would like our intake coordinator to contact you regarding psychological testing. You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here if you are ready to schedule an initial meeting to determine if psychological testing is needed.
After psychological testing, we help parents and school teams to support children
- Schedule psychological testing with Dr. Rebecca MurrayMetzger
- Psychological Testing: Meet our licensed psychologists
- Reviews from psychological testing clients in the Bay Area
- Psychological testing: What to expect
- Psychological testing: See our rates and pay your bill here
- Psychological tests that we frequently use
- Attention testing (ADD and ADHD assessment)
- Anxiety testing and depression testing
- Asperger's Disorder and social skills assessment
- Psychological testing for learning disabilities: writing, math and reading (dyslexia)
- Online scheduling of initial meetings and psychological testing in the Bay Area